020552 - MERSEBURG, Blood, Flak & Oil: USAAF WWII Bombing Campaign against the Leuna Refinery
By Martin W Bowman
- 18 USAAF daylight missions covered.
- Listing of losses for more than 150 heavy bombers - almost all of them covered in the text.
- Archive material from US and German sources reveal the results,often previously officially described simply as "unobserved".
- Veterans and survivors tell their stories.
- Summary of the three RAF night raids against Leuna.
- The target, the defences and the reasons for the attacks.
The story in words and pictures, many of them never before seen, of the U.S. 8th Air Force fighter and bomber groups of the 1st, 2nd and Third Air Divisions 1942-45. Many first person stories tell what comnbat was like in the skies in the ETO against the Luftwaffe Gruppes of Bf 109s and Fw 190s and the B-17 Flying Fortresses and B -24 Liberators. Many first hand accounts detail the frenetic missions that were fraught with flak and fighters as the U.S. Strategic Offensive reached into the deepest parts of the Reich. Also told are stories from the Luftwaffe experten who opposed the bomber fleets and the fighter escorts as they sounded the death knell of the Luftwaffe.
|Publication Date||Available Now!|
100 plus photos