011440 - 214 (FMS) SQUADRON AT RAF OULTON & BLICKLING HALL 1944 - 1945
By Ashley Sampson, Carolyn Sayer, Roger Tatton
RAF Oulton begain as a satellite airfield (with grass runways) for RAF Horsham St Faith in 1939, largely on land belonging to the Blickling Estate and parts of Blickling Hall were requisitioned as the station headquarters and accommodation.
214 Squadron was just one of several squadrons serving here during WWII - the others being 18, 21, 88, 114, 139 and 236 during the first part of the war.
After major redevelopment during the latter part of 1943 and the early part of 1944, from May 1944, 214 and 223 Squadrons were joined for a short while by 803 BS of the USAAF.
|Format||Softback, stapled binding|
|Publication Date||In Stock|
|Pictures||Profusely illustrated throughout with b/w photos, illustrations and colour maps|